Wednesday, May 14, 2008

May 14

Well, Caelan and my parents made it safely back to Michigan. Have I already said that I wish we were with them? Thankfully they made it in time to be in town for Patrick and Stephanie's new baby- Stephanie was due yesterday. No baby yet.

Lia is still doing very well. She is really starting to try to communicate, fortunately, I do speak "grunt." The only word that we have heard her say is "bye, bye." But that is an easy one because it is the same in Cantonese. She is exploring quite a bit and really giggling a lot. For the start that she had, she sure is a happy baby. She loves the swimming pool and wanted to try to swim by herself today. She is slowing down a bit with her eating but I am sure that she is getting pretty used to her shrimp wontons at breakfast. She will be a bit disappointed with the Jansen family standby- cold cereal.

We haven't taken many pictures, but here are a couple.

7 comments:

Carrie said...

Another Amen and what a sweetie! thanks for the pictures-I love to see those cute faces!

Heather said...

Meghan-
I am so glad Caelan and the grandparents made it home safely. Just three more days and you can join them and make a home for the Jansen five! I am so happy everything has gone so smoothly. I hope Bob is well and Garrett is hanging in there! Lia continues to be such a beauty.
-Heather

Anonymous said...

Bob, Happy Birthday to you....!! What a great way to celebrate. Have a fun day and I hope you are feeling better. Thanks for sharing the darling pictures. I cry every time I see them. Lia is so adorable! I feel like I already know her. My friend, who also adopted from China, said the jet lag was tough. I've read staying really hydrated helps a lot. Take care, love Shell

Anonymous said...

Cant wait for you guys to get back. Looking forward to meeting Lia.

Kevin

Ash said...

Beautiful!! What a happy baby. ((hugs)) ash

Nicole said...

What a cutie!!! Hang in there... you'll be coming home really soon!!! Woke up this morning realizing that we'll (hopefully) be heading that way in 3 weeks!!! Be sure to leave Guangzhou the way you found it!! :o)

love,
Nicole

Amy Chomas said...

Look at that smile! Apparently love, hugs and kisses are agreeing with her!