Monday, May 5, 2008

LIA DAY!!

We have our girl!! What a day. After no sleep and an anxiety ridden morning, we finally drove to the Provincial Affairs Office at 2pm. Although we originally planned for just Bob and I to go to the office, at the last minute we all went. Lia's bus was late, so our guide ushered us to a private room, where we waited about 15 minutes for her to arrive. We saw her nanny walk her in to the lobby, as Bob and I were huddled by the door. They brought her into the play room and then quickly brought her out to us. She was wearing one of the outfits that we sent in our first care package. She was handed to us, and didn't make a sound. She kept looking us all over, but didn't cry at all. We asked some questions about her to her nanny and then exchanged gifts to the SWI director and nanny. She is certainly in shock, and I am not sure what she thinks of her day, but she held on to both Bob and I tightly. She whimpered a bit when the nanny left the room, but no tears.

She was all smiles when we left the building, it actually sounded like she was singing. Her little legs were kicking and she still kept looking around at everybody. She was quiet on the van ride, and just looked around. When we got back to the hotel room, we had to do some paperwork with our guide, Jason, and then I fed her a bottle. She drank it slowly, and kept stopping to look us over. Bob held her after her bottle and then she fell fast asleep.

It is so hard to believe that she is here. We are thrilled and can't believe how smooth the day went. Tomorrow we go to the same office to finalize the adoption. She will officially be Lia Xiang Wan Jansen tomorrow by 11:30am!

























19 comments:

Nicole said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! She is just precious!!! I was so excited when I woke up this morning and saw your post on the WCP yahoo group! Enjoy your first evening together... I hope everyone sleeps well now! HUGS

love and blessings,
Nicole

bbmomof2boys said...

Huge congratulations!!!

~Carla

Heather said...

Oh Meghan- I am so happy for you all! Congratulations! You now in fact look like the Jansen Five!!! I love the family photos! I am glad the day went smoothly. I hope you all have a good night's sleep!
-Heather

Anonymous said...

Meghan she is beautiful! I love the picture of the five of you:) I'm so happy for you - the wait is finally over. Now I'm excited to meet her! And she looks so big, especially when Garrett is holding her:) See you soon - Amelia is counting down the days. (After preschool on Thursday she asked if we could go to China to pick up Garrett for lunch at Mcdonalds.)

Anonymous said...

I've been checking all morning and here she is!!! I'm so glad it went smoothly for you. She's beautiful - as expected - and taller than I expected. She looks great! Thanks for being so diligent in your posts - we've been very anxious back here in Michigan.

Kim said...

WOW she is gorgeous. I have been waiting since 5 am to see the pics. Congrats and I can;t wait to see more.Love you guys.
Kim

Ash said...

awwhhh, she is beautiful.
Congratulations Meghan and family! Much Hugs. Ash

Andrea said...

Meghan,

Lia is beautiful!!! I got teary reading your post and looking at your pictures. It seems like yesterday I was being handed our Avari.

Andrea

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful...congratulations! We also had Jason as our guide (for our 1st adoption). He is terrific and you are certainly in expert hands! Enjoy your new Princess!
Much love from Florida,
Mary Rodin

kitchu said...

She is SO beautiful, congratulations!! (Kris from the CCAI wc yahoo group).

Carrie said...

Bless you all!

Carrie said...

ps
are you staying at the victory? and do you have some nice singing birds across from your room on top of the other building-it looks like the room we stayed in!

Anonymous said...

Hi guys!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Jansenfive! We are so excited and can't wait to meet Lia!!! We are sending you best wishes and lots of love.

Love,

the Ryans

Kristin said...

Congratulations to you all!! She is beautiful. I hope the first night went well and you are ready for your official adoption day!!
Kristin
CCAI WCP

Sheri_n_Ben said...

Congratulations!!! She is absolutely beautiful!! So happy for you and your family. It makes me so happy to see Gotcha Days! I can't wait to have our first one! hehe...maybe July/August. ;o)

Sheri W. (Leilah Di's Mommy)
http://journeytoleilahgrace.blogspot.com

Amy Chomas said...

ooooh she is just beautiful, just beautiful! Congrats on the newest member of your family! She isn't going to know what to do with herself with all that love, but giggling sounds like a good start!!!! Congrats again!!! Amy

Laurie said...

She is absolutely adorable! Congrats...keep us posted on the next few days.

Laurie

Anonymous said...

Wow, she's gorgeous and so is the rest of your family. So happy the day was the magical one deserved by all.

Christy
mom to Mia, Ava and Kai
CCAI WC friend