Thursday, September 25, 2008

Language

While I am impatiently waiting for the results of Lia's most recent lab work, I just want to mention how quickly Lia is picking up words. She still doesn't combine words yet- well unless "Bubba, NO!! MOM!!" counts? Bubba is Garrett's nickname.
She can repeat fairly clearly any word that I say to her and correctly uses quite a few words on her own. In fact, today we were counting as we were going down the steps and I said, "1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8" and but then we were at the bottom, then Lia said "9." I was surprised.

We are going to Mackinac Island tomorrow for the weekend, so I am sure that I will have quite a few pictures to post next week.

2 comments:

Heather said...

They get so smart so quick!!! I love the counting story. They listen to every word we say don't they.

I hope all is well on the milk side for Lia. I worry about so many of those precious little ones! Including my own
-Heather

Carrie said...

what a smart little girl! Have fun!