Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Beloved "Ba-Ba"

Lia loves her bottle. We knew that she had very few solid foods and was fed primarily using a bottle when she was at the SWI. When we were in China, however, she ate anything and everything that she could get her hands on. Now that we have been home for 4.5 months, she has become much pickier. There are a few foods that she fairly consistently will eat: oatmeal, yogurt, bananas, pasta. Actually these are the four things that she will eat for breakfast/lunch. She eats well at dinner, but oddly refuses dinner foods at lunch or breakfast (I have tried this several times). But, she is VERY attached to her bottle. I have tried to limit her milk/soymilk intake to 24 ounces each day, but it is hard. She is very easygoing- however when she wants her bottle, there is nothing else that can console her.

I am starting to try to figure out ways to discourage her bottle dependence without upsetting her. I did have her pick out some new sippy cups, but so far she is not very receptive to drinking from them- though they make pretty good storage containers for toys and cereal...

Any tips?



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Both of my girls still get a "baba" in the morning and at night. They love their warm milk. I doubt they will still be drinking babas in college, so I'm not too worried about it. Plus, my girls have Thal. so they need the extra calcium and any way that I can get it in them is fine with me.... no advice...
~Rebecca (A Ladyblog)