Monday, December 1, 2008

What a Weekend

Well, we had a wonderful Thanksgiving with Bob's family. Garrett was a bit on the grumpy side, but Caelan enjoyed her cousins and Lia charmed everybody. I think that she has her Grandpa wrapped around her finger:)

On Friday, I went shopping. I have never done this. I was in line at Toys r Us at 4:30am and completed 99% of my Christmas shopping by 2pm.

Bob and I celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary on the 25th of November. It was the Saturday after Thanksgiving in 2000 that we got married. As a gift, I got tickets for us to go see Willie Nelson, one of Bob's favorite musicians. I knew that I would be stressed about leaving the kids, as it isn't ever done, so I worked it our perfectly. The babysitter would watch Lia and Caelan at home and Garrett would go have a sleepover at Amelia's house (his friend who is featured in many pictures on this blog). It was an hour drive to the concert, but we managed to eat dinner, do a little gambling, and then Billy Bob Thornton opened. We were about 45 minutes into Willie Nelson when a call came in on my cell phone (I am not sure how, as we had no reception). It was Becky saying that Garrett had been vomiting for the last hour. SO half way through "Crazy" we headed home. Poor Amelia, her first sleepover ended with Garrett puking in her bed... Oh, well. Hopefully I will get Bob to see Willie Nelson at some point!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Oh what a bummer! But at least you had some fun adult time for a little bit.

Happy Anniversary!

Unknown said...

sorry it ended that way..Im impressed with your shopping