Monday, December 15, 2008

Visit With Santa

We went to the "Santa House" on Saturday night. Neither Caelan nor Garrett have ever been even the slightest bit afraid of Santa, but I wasn't sure what Lia would think. It is a pretty overwhelming place, toys and people everywhere, not to mention Santa. Everybody was excited and when the time came Lia went walking right up to him, and then quickly turned back around to me, saying no. I asked her if she wanted to sit in Santa's lap and she said no, but then pointed to Mrs. Clause. I asked if she wanted to sit with Mrs. Clause and she said yes, so there she sat. I don't think that she said anything to her. I am pretty sure that since Lia is so tiny, people assume that she is much younger than she is and can't talk, but she did have something prepared to say if she was asked what she wanted for Christmas. She would have said "toys." Caelan asked for "surprises." Garrett would like a remote control car and some Sketchers.







3 comments:

Carrie said...

Love the pic's!

Heather said...

What a beauty! She just seems to be getting cuter and cuter! I love the tree cutting pictures! Isn't it amazing how picture taking can be such a chore? We know how cute they are and all we want is one good picture to prove it to family and friends. 100+ photos later- we aren't so cute anymore ourselves! ha:)
-Heather

Kristin said...

I am very impressed that Lia sat on at all!! Abby did this year with many complaints. She would crack a smile at all. :-)

So glad you had fun! I love the gifts the kids asked for. Simple and not over the top like I hear from kids sometimes.