Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Home for a few days

We have been at our cabin for most of the last 2-3 weeks. Lia is loving it. We start the day by going for our morning walk, followed by lounging around the lake. Lia loves being outdoors and playing in the sand. She likes the water, though it has been a little cool. I am pretty happy with my exercise routine up there, I always walk around the lake once (4 miles) and I have been also trying to ride around the lake in the evening, though I may need to get a new bike seat if I want to keep that up. Hee hee!

I brought Lia and Garrett home for a little break on Monday. We had a very odd day on Sunday while at the Traverse City Cherry festival, starting with waiting two hours to eat breakfast at The Omlette Shoppe. Yummy, but not worth waiting for two hours with three small kids. Then as we went to watch the air show, an older woman passed out next to us. While she seemed OK, she was very disoriented and against her urgings, I called 911. She was not happy, but she wasn't with anyone and I couldn't just leave her like that. Then, Bob and I seperated for a moment so that he could watch the rest of the airshow while the kids and I looked at the crafter's booths. He thought I was going to meet him at the car. HA! The car was 2 miles away and I had all three kids. That was not my intention. After walking back and forth for an hour looking for him, I realized that he was nowhere around. He had my cell phone, my money, and the diaper bag. Great. So we made the long trek back to the car and sure enough, he was there. What an odd day. So I was crabby and the kids were crabby, and it was time to come home.

Bob and Caelan stayed until Thursday and we will hopefully go back there on Monday.
Here are some pictures.
Lia and I walking on the beach
Garrett and his friend, Amelia, at a park.
The "other" side of Garrett...
Caelan and Jenna on the jet-ski's
Morning family photo (Garrett has since gotten a hair cut)
Garrett's early b-day present- a pedal tractor which replaces last year's model.
Dancing on the beach
Bob's big fish
Caelan jumping at the festival

Cousin Lukas and Lia at the beach. Luke is 10 months younger than Lia.
Jenna, Caelan and Emily (of the Silva 4)

No comments: