Sunday, July 29, 2007

End of Summer for Bob

Bob officially goes back to work on Tuesday. His five weeks of freedom are over. We spent the last week at the cottage. Caelan had a lot of fun with her cousins, Jenna and Zane and her Grandma Jansen. Garrett was too busy mowing and raking to be bothered with all of the fun:)



The Baldwin Troutarama was going on all week, so we went to the carnival. Bob and Gayle brought the kids to a fish hatchery where they had a two day kids event. Each child could catch up to three fish on the first day and two fish on the second day. The kids were able to keep the fish.





Bob's mom had 2 nights of sleepovers with Jenna, Caelan, Zane and one night with Tommy as well in the camper. As she gushed over what fun they were having, I often wondered if she was slowly losing her mind. I guess this is what I have to look forward to- being a grandparent. I am far too anxious right now to handle all of the chaos that seems to come with the territory of a handful of sugared-up 5 and 6 year-olds. I am not sure that I will do well when the time comes for me to organize and supervise sleepovers, maybe I will check myself into a hotel and hand over the night to Bob!

Just look at how excited they all are:



I have made it a habit to walk around the lake each morning. From our driveway, around the lake and back is exactly four miles. I have walked every day that we have been up there, except the day I had to bring Garrett in for chest x-rays after a couch diving incident went terribly wrong. (Thankfully, nothing was broken). Caelan has decided that she really needs "exercise" so she has also made it a habit to come with me. Unless, of corse, there is something more "fun" going on- aka her cousins and Grandma are at the lake. She does pretty well. I bring a stroller and she takes a ride when she is tired, but I think she usually goes at least 3 miles. When I bring Kali (our Siberian Husky) it usually takes me an hour to walk. When I take Caelan, we usually make it around in 90 minutes. It is fun. She is really into searching for dead snakes and frogs on the road. One day we saw what we suspect may have been a hedgehog. It sort of scared her. Here is a picture of us both in our walking gear- note the fancy pink sunglasses.



Caelan had such a fun time with her cousins this week, we were able to take quite a few pictures of her and her cousin Jenna.





2 comments:

Unknown said...

What fun pics.. LOoks like you had a great time!

Our Journey To Eden said...

Looks like you had great summer fun!

We have a lot in common... I am logged in a couple of days after you, I too live in Michigan, and am employed in the education field.

Enjoy the rest of you summer!