Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Summer


I am going to write a few little posts this morning, as we won't likely have much time over the next six weeks to keep this updated. Last summer, we bought a small cabin near Baldwin, Michigan. By small, I mean 300-400 square feet, consisting of a living room, bathroom and kitchen. We had such a great time up there last year and spent most of July there. Bob is now off until the first part of August and we plan to head over to our cabin on Sunday. Our friend that we met in Alaska, Cory Cook for all of my Alaska friends, is getting married on Saturday night, so we are going to that first. Oddly enough he met a woman from Michigan while teaching in Vermont.

Well, as long as Lia adjusts well to being at the cabin, we will hopefully stay there for the next 5-6 six weeks. Life is so laid back up there, I think she will be fine. My day will consist of waking up, having breakfast and a cup of coffee, going for a walk around the lake (4 miles, and I do it every morning), eating lunch, hanging out at the lake, eating dinner, again more time at the lake, and then bedtime. We will be able to focus all of our attention on the kids.