Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Introducing our Little Lia- Ji Xiang Wan

I have been planning and anticipating this day for months. I had 6 pages of questions to ask when we got "the call." I was in shock when our agency did call, and I think the only question I managed to mumble was, "When can we see her file?"

At 11:30 this morning, I got a call asking us if we'd like to take a look at the file of a 19 month old little girl. Her name is Ji Xiang Wan and she is currently living at Huazhou City Social Welfare Institute in Guangdong Province. I called Bob and he and Caelan came home. I managed to print and read her reports while I was waiting for them, and then we opened her pictures together. She is adorable, and oddly enough has the same hair that both Caelan and I had as babies!

Her report says that "Ji Xiang Wan is a quiet and gentle little girl. She is social and not afraid of strangers. If you offer her a toy she likes, she will happily crawl toward you. She often plays with other children in the playroom, and she likes all kinds of toys." According to the reports, it seems that she is walking, has 4 teeth and her favorite toy is a cloth doll.

The next step is that we will write a letter of intent to adopt Ji Xiang Wan. We will likely travel in 3-5 months to bring her home.

We are all so excited. Caelan shared the pictures with her class this afternoon and then has taped them to the crib. Garrett said "Let's go to China." And I said, yes we will. He then said "No, right now!" Sorry Garrett!

Well, here she is!!!





15 comments:

Carrie said...

loving the pic's -so happy for you!

Jaime said...

She is just beautiful. Congratulations!!!!

Jaime (CCAIWCP)

Snowflowers Mum said...

what a cutie patootie! congratulations!

Hayley
CCAIWCP

Unknown said...

Congratulations!! She is lovely -- a real sweetie & her personality info sounds so dear!

Enjoy your time on Cloud Nine!
Janelle
CCAI WCP

Patricia said...

She is so adorable and just perfect!! Congratulations!
Patricia

Heather said...

She is perfect, simply perfect! I am with Garrett- don't you wish you could get her NOW!

Margaret M said...

She is so cute. Our first daughter is a tiny little peanut too. She still is and we would not change anything!

Laura said...

Oh Congratulations! What wonderful news. She looks just adorable, like you just want to scoop her up and hug her. Very happy!!

Laura
CCAIWCP

Ladyblog said...

Oh, she is so cute and she looks curious. Congratulations on your referral!
~Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Oh Meghan! She's just adorable. I'm so excited for you! Your post on CCAIWCP made me tear up a little b/c it sounded exactly the way our referral call went. Congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

Congartulations! I am so excited for you guys. What a difference you are going to make in this little persons life! You have alot of good things ahead. Kathy

Anonymous said...

Meghan, Bob, Caelan and Garrett --

She is beautiful! We will send thoughts and prayers for a quick uniting!

Jason, Jess, Brendan, Jacob and Brooklyn Herbert

Andrea said...

Meghan,

Your new daughter is lovely!!!!!!!! I was excited when I saw your post. Hope to see you soon at school.

Andrea

Kat said...

She is beautiful! Congratulations!!!

Unknown said...

Just happened across your blog and have been reading it. What a beautiful little Girl! I can't imagine how excited you must be!