Thursday, August 16, 2007

We Did It!

Yes. We set up the crib.

Caelan was feeling sort of down in the dumps about when Lia would actually come home. I keep hoping that we will hear something by Christmas- this would be almost exactly 9 months that CCAI had our medical conditions checklist, but it could go a little longer than that. I am still hoping it will be sometime this fall. Caelan said, "Mom, last night I kept thinking about Lia and I wanted to cry. When will she come home?" So I figured that we should do something to add a little excitement.

Well, this is my big weekend for cleaning and reorganization. Bob is bringing the kids to the cottage, and it will be my responsibility to reorganize the attic. It is really bad:( Caelan's bedroom also needed a major overhaul, so we did that yesterday. Just as I had everything out of her bedroom I had the bright idea of setting up the crib. It makes sense- I had to clean the attic anyway, and the crib was in the attic- right? SO here it is:




We love our house. We live on the Saginaw Bay. We have a lot of birds and other wildlife. But, we have a small house, especially the kids' bedrooms. Caelan's is small, maybe 8 x 9 or 9 x 10 or something like that, and good intentioned people (my mom and mil) questioned whether we would be able to fit another body in Caelan's bedroom, but as you can see it was a success! Now Garrett's room is much smaller than Caelan's and there is probably no way that we'd ever fit two beds in there.

Neither Caelan or Garrett were very interested in sleeping in the crib as babies- they much preferred their mama :). So needless to say the crib is in very gently used condition and even if we don't have a baby to put in the crib for another year, maybe we will get some use out of it with the kids playing in there.

I am so glad that we did it. Caelan didn't stop smiling all day, and she went to sleep very easily. And she made her bed today. Wow. Last night as I was reading her stories we were pretending to say goodnight to Lia. The crib has just made the adoption seem even more real. Someday (soon, I hope) there will be our sweet baby looking up at us from that crib. We can't wait!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Cool room!!! Thanks for sharing with us!

Our Journey To Eden said...

How Exciting!

Anonymous said...

You've wonderfully prepared your daughter, Caelen, for a "sister". That is a most worthwhile accomplishment in itself! (I see a dream catcher in their room. Caelen must love the hot pink! I do.)
Joy McFadyen

Donna said...

That's so sweet. Our Lainey's room is all ready for her, since about 2 weeks ago. I like going in there and imagining...
OH, forgot to comment. Love the washer! I told Dh, when Lainey makes 5, I want one of those bigger washers :)