Monday, April 6, 2009

11 Months!

Well, Lia has been with us now for 11 months! She has changed so much. She will be three on June 6 and I am considering sending her to preschool for a couple of mornings next year. We are back to working on the potty training, though Garrett's current preschool said that they would take her even if she wasn't quite potty trained. We are still undecided about what Garrett will do next year, kindergarten or young fives.

We just had a week off for spring break. We decided to visit Bob's family and then go to Chicago. After that trip, I feel like I may never leave the house again. Well, I guess I need to center trips around play lands and swimming pools. Garrett doesn't really enjoy museums and restaurants. We drove most of the way, but then took the train into Chicago, we spent quite a bit of time at the Lincoln Park Zoo. Caelan and I went to the American Girl shop. We saw my brother and his fiance. We ate great food, and went to Navy Pier.









6 comments:

Carrie said...

Hey-Congrats on the 11 months-wow time flies! Andrews birthday is the 6th also but he will be 4! I heard from a few Mom's that unless the child is mature to hold them back-we did JT. But he is very smart so I wish I would have went ahead and put him in!

Jess Danielson said...

I can't believe it has been 11 months since I followed your journey to Lia! I loved watching your family come together! She has grown so much-
Did you hit the children's museum at Navy Peir? We loved it!!

Heather said...

Love the snuggly coat picture of the three! 11 months that seems unbelievable but then again our Lily has been home for more than 3!
-Heather

Meghan said...

Jess, Yes we did go to the children's museum. We love it as well, though we were there with wat seemed like half of the Chicago Public School children. It was crowded and just way too wild. And Heather, the expressions on the kids faces pretty much sums up our trip- the girls were pretty happy and Garrett just wanted to go home...

Anonymous said...

Wow, I can't believe it's been 11 months. I remember the first time we met and you were anxious about getting your referral and look Lia is going to be 3.

Andrea

Jenn said...

11 months already?! Wow! Time flies. I seriously didn't realize that Lia's birthday was June 6th. Kenzie too - she'll be 3 also! Wow.