Thursday, July 23, 2009

Kali

I got Kali in May of 1997 shortly after I finished my student teaching. I was living in Hamtramck with Kate. She was a very hyper puppy and Kate and I always joke about sitting on the couch with our feet on the table while she ran circles, jumping over our legs like they were hurdles. A little over a year later, Bob and I moved to Alaska, and Kali made the drive up there with Bob. She has probably been to more National Parks than me! She was in her glory while we lived in Alaska, she loved the snow, Bob often brought her with him while he went skiing or snowshoeing. She even camped for 2 months with us that first summer we lived up there, going all the way from Dillingham to Coldfeet, and down to Juneau. She was a great dog. Sadly, on Friday we noticed that her tail was bleeding, and eventually realized that it was no bug bite or cut like we originally thought, but a very large growth (probably a tumor, according to the vet). After discussing our options with the vet I decided that it was time to let her go, and on Tuesday, after 12 years with her, we put her to sleep. I am terribly sad about this, but know that we really didn't have another option. Goodbye, sweet Kali-girl.





5 comments:

Jenn said...

Oh, I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

Unknown said...

I, too, am sorry for your loss.

I'm not sure you remember, but we met through RQ last year. We were awaiting our travel at the same time for our sweet girls. I just found your blog again. Sweet Lia is just darling. Can you believe it's been over a year now?

Take care.

Suzie

Andrea said...

Meghan,

I am so sorry for your loss. What a beautiful dog.

Andrea

Nicole said...

Hugs... so sorry...

Donna said...

So sorry to hear this :(