Sunday, October 19, 2008

I Have Been Tagged



I have been tagged by my friend, Carrie. I am a regular reader on her password protected family blog, but here is her "adopting again" blog that is not password protected:) Carrie and I were both waiting for referrals with CCAI, she adopted 6 year old MJ a few months before we brought Lia home.

OK, seven random or weird facts that you might not know...

1. I get started on a lot of projects, just rarely finish anything: scrapbooking (I promise to give it another try Amy and Becky), quilting, baby shoes, soap making, candle making...

2. My house is usually a disaster. I love staying home with the kids, love to cook, love to play... but I have not yet mastered keeping a tidy house.

3. Bob has slapped me twice. Both stories are VERY funny:) The first time was when we were living in Alaska. It was Thanksgiving and we were coming home from a friend's. I was carrying a very heavy stoneware Pampered Chef pan with half a cake in it. It was icy, and just as I said to Bob, "Be careful, the driveway is slippery, " I flew backwards, cake pan flying up in the air and down on my head. I just laid there, stunned, when Bob came flying around the car, yelling. "Meghan, Meghan are you OK?" As I said, I was a bit stunned, and didn't respond right away, so he slapped me across the face to make sure I was conscious... I am laughing just thinking about it. The second time was when I was very, very pregnant with Garrett. I was laying in bed, sweating like a pig, wondering what possessed us to have a July baby. Bob was sleeping, when he sat up in bed (sound asleep) started yelling, "What is that?" while looking at my enormous belly, and then slapped my belly. He has no memory of it. As surprised as I was at the time, I even laughed about it then:)

4. I have been thinking of applying to law school, or minimally taking the LSAT to see if it is even a possibility. I would love to work with families, particularly on adoption related cases. I am pretty sure I don't want to return to teaching.

5. I would love to adopt another child, but at this point finances, home space (lack of space), and a reluctant husband are stopping me:)

6. I would love for us to live outside of the US at some point. I am not sure where, but somewhere warm. Living in Michigan and Alaska has me dreaming of warm climates.

7. The music that I most like to listen to (in no particular order): Dave Matthews Band, U2, Michael Jackson, Prince, and Stevie Wonder. I love watching The Office, Grey's Anatomy, House, Brothers and Sisters, Desperate Housewives and Private Practice.


And now I am going to tag the following friends (sorry!)
1. Amy C.
2. Karen S.
3. Nicole G.
4. Kim O. (Because she isn't busy enough....)
5. Amy
6. Leslie
7. Tracy

3 comments:

Carrie said...

so funny about the slapping stuff! Thanks for responing so fast! I wanted to be a lawyer also but I figured out I was not really into dealing with all the schooling that it involves so I went to nursing school it was my second passion!Hey you don't need nine bedrooms for a home-My kids share bedrooms-bunk bede are fun and plus it is good to have a fun house! I remember sharing a bedroom with My brother until he was a bit older and then my sister when she came along until my brother we into the navy! Sharing rooms is not all that bad!

Meghan said...

Hey Carrie! Actually I love our house but the bedrooms are SO small. Lia and Caelan share a room and it isn't even big enough for Lia's dresser- that is in the hallway by the steps. Garrett's bedroom is maybe 8 by 9 feet and there is no way to fit another body in there. Well maybe if there was no crib- but I don't know where I would put another dresser.

Oh, and I am also interested in nursing and have been accepted into a nursing school around here, though I have not taken a single class.

Anonymous said...

Meghan,

It was good seeing you and your sweethearts today. I can't believe how much Lia has grown. I have to say your slapping stories cracked me and I laughed out loud.

Andrea